Paris Region Key Figures 2017
Standing at the crossroads of European and worldwide trade, Paris Region is France's leading economic region and one of Europe's foremost business hubs. Its economy is that of a major urban region structured around the capital city and bearing all the hallmarks of an efficient metropolitan economy, namely: size, a diverse production base and real estate offering, world-class infrastructure, a cosmopolitan and qualified workforce and a wealth of cultural amenities.
Its main assets:
- The highest GDP in the European Union (EU28) in billions of euros: 30.3% of the French nation's GDP and 4.6% of the EU28’s GDP, ahead of Greater London and Lombardy (Italy).
- Concentration of jobs, corporate headquarters, SMEs/SMIs, technology companies, business start-ups, world-class competitiveness clusters, foreign groups…
- Its wide range of business sectors, its deep-rooted industrial tradition, and one of the highest concentrations of activity in the science and technology sectors
- A consumer marketplace of considerable importance: 12 million inhabitants, 8.3 million visitors in the Region’s main conference and exhibition centers, 47 million tourists.
- A young, cosmopolitan, and talented population, and a highly qualified workforce: 18.2% of France's population, 26.5% of students in France (the largest concentration of students in Europe), and 23.1% of jobs in France.
- Internationally renowned for excellence in education, science and technology (top business, engineering and specialized higher educational institutions, Fields medals, Nobel prizes, innovative companies).
- World-class infrastructure, to ensure the seamless flow of people, goods, capital and data.
- Europe’s second-largest airport: all major European cities are within 2 hours by plane. Most efficient public transport with a highly developed railway and regional transport network, which will be considerably enhanced by investments undertaken with the Grand Paris development project. Europe’s number one road network. Number two regional river network in continental Europe, with 70 ports dotted along 500 km of navigable waterways. An excellent broadband communication network.
- The largest stock of commercial property in Europe and attractive and diversified real estate, with new office districts and business parks, as well as the opening of "start-up factories".
- A rich heritage and a dynamic center for cultural and business events. Paris Region, and in particular inner Paris itself: a city of art, history and culture, is the world’s leading tourist region, highly attractive to international tourists and a leading location in Europe for meetings and business events. With 700,000 sqm in exhibition space, Paris Region leads Europe in available surface for trade exhibitions and Paris is ranked no.2 in the world for welcoming visitors and world-class business meetings.
Cette étude est reliée à la catégorie :
Paris Region: the top French aerospace region
Note rapide Economy #7
The Paris region, the world birthplace of aeronautics, is still home to most national jobs in this industry. The region's specificity in this sector is the construction of complete sub-assemblies. For 10 years, this sector has been structuring and is now developing new ...