Paris Region Key Figures 2019
Its main assets :
A dynamic and forward-looking region
- Paris Region is a truly global region which accounts for 23.2% of France’s workforce, 30.5% of national GDP and 40.4% of the country’s researchers.
- 55% of residents are under the age of 40. This young and steadily growing population is not only attracted by the region’s economic opportunities but also by the quality of life offered.
- Economic and demographic indicators point to a bright future for the region’s development.
A business and innovation powerhouse
- The highest GDP in the European Union (EU28) in billions of euros.
- A vibrant exchange between Europe’s highest concentration of Fortune 500 corporations, corporate headquarters, SMEs, trailblazing startups, world-class competitiveness clusters.
- #2 worldwide destination for international meetings
- The leader in Europe for R&D talent and spending
- Internationally recognized technical and scientific skills (top business, engineering and specialized higher education institutions, engineers, researchers...).
Highly-diversified sectors of excellence
- Paris Region is renowned for its highly diversified economic landscape and sectors of excellence, including biotechnology, nanotechnology, telecommunications, 3D animation, the aerospace and automotive industries...
- The Paris Region’s diversified economy is buzzing with top-ranked high-tech clusters and research centers. This unique landscape generates exciting opportunities for cross-sector collaborations.
A massive consumer marketplace
- Access to 510 million European consumers
- 12.1 million inhabitants,
- 50 million tourists,
- 8.4 million visitors in the Region’s main conference and exhibition centers.
A smart, talented workforce
- Large, well-educated, international workforce : 6.3 million jobs, 36% of all French executives
- Europe’s largest concentration of higher education students : 706,842 students (26.4% of students in France),
- World-class engineers, researchers, Fields Medals, Abel and Nobel prizes…
Europe’s largest scope of real estate solutions
Attractive, diversified and very competitive real estate, with new office districts and business parks, as well as the opening of coworking spaces, “startup factories”...
3 international airports, high-speed rail and an ever-expanding urban subway system thanks to the Grand Paris Express project, the largest urban renewal project in Europe (200 km of new tracks, 68 new transit stations); an excellent broadband communication network.
An unforgettable life experience
- There’s a reason why the Paris Region is the #1 destination on the planet: with 50 million visitors each year, the area is synonymous with “art de vivre”, culture, gastronomy and history.
- The Region is also committed to improving the environment, preserving biodiversity and reducing carbon emissions.
This study is related to theme :